Arnott's: an Australian icon.
Millions of Australians have grown up with Arnott's during the past 144 years. For them, Arnott's is more than a food company - it's a piece of Australia's history and a national icon.
One of the largest food companies
Arnott's is one of the largest food companies in the Asia Pacific region, with a very bright future. Arnott's ongoing growth has been supported by the Campbell Soup Company's investment in Arnott's and its iconic brands.
Jobs for approximately 3,000 Australians and New Zealanders
More than 50,000 Australians have worked with Arnott's during the past century. Today, Arnott's employs more than 4,300 Australians across all States and Territories. Arnott's also employs several thousand people across the Asia Pacific region, in countries such as New Zealand, Indonesia, and Greater China.
A $ 350 million investment in state-of-the-art Australian manufacturing
Since 1997, we have invested more than $350 million in our Australian biscuit and snack facilities including:
- $27 million for new ovens and equipment at Arnott's Marleston Bakery in South Australia.
- $19 million upgrading Arnott's Huntingwood Bakery in New South Wales.
- $9.4 million upgrading the Virginia bakery in Queensland.
Supporting rural and regional Australia
In the past decade, we've spent more than $3 billion purchasing raw ingredients and services from local farmers and businesses.
Every year, we spend around $300 million buying:
- 60,000 tonnes of flour and grains from areas including the Darling Downs, Moree, Riverina and South Australia. Some farmers, like those in the Riverina growing soft wheat, can sell their entire crops to Arnott's.
- 27,000 tonnes of sugar from far North Queensland.
- 6,200 tonnes of dairy products from Victoria.
- 225 tonnes of canola oil sourced from canola crops in Western New South Wales.
An Australian icon with a global future
Arnott's exports continue to grow, with Australian-made biscuits now being shipped to more than 40 countries around the world including Japan, the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Tahiti and New Zealand.
Arnott's Foundation Helping Aussie Families
The Arnott's Foundation aims to "create positive environments that allow families to build, maintain and enjoy a better quality of life". Through the Foundation, Arnott's supports projects including:
- Driver Reviver - ensuring safer driving, particularly during family holiday times.
- Fairy Sparkle Garden Project - building magical garden areas for children in hospital.
- FoodBank Australia - helping welfare agencies provide food to people in need. Arnott's donated more than 104,000 kilograms of biscuits and snacks to Foodbank in 2003.
- Camp Quality - Arnott's Foundation's support will enable more than 1,500 families with children who have cancer to participate in Camp Quality's Family Camps.